Stopping to harvest easy to test enh without tests!

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Sep 18 09:03:16 UTC 2004

hi guys

seriously I'm quite sad and fed up, this is really nice to send all
kind of extensions but
how can we access that this is working, how can we understand it, then
again
we will all be testing manually and all spending together time, because
we have so much time
that this is worth spending.

So I think that I will really strike from harvesting items that could
be easily tested but are not.
Marcus I'm sure that you will more than happy to follow just to see if
someone else want to be a slave.

Stef

PS: if some of you want to understand that writing a simple Sunit test
can take less than a minute
and can served as documentation, be run several times, capture
bugs....you may find the following tutorial
interesting:
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/Programmez/OnTheWeb/SUnitEnglish2.pdf

PSPS: keep going to send enh and fixes without tests to see if they
will get into the stream....I can tell
you that this will not be me that will harvest them because I'm FED UP.
I'm sad to think that other community such as python really understood
the
power of tests and we are not. But we should be so much smarter than
they. of course.