Schedule for 3.8

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Sep 19 10:49:23 UTC 2004

Hi,

We discussed some time ago the schedule for 3.8.

Back then it was said that some parts of the community need a stable
release
with m17n soon, so one idea was to have a 3.8 with just m17n and
bugfixes.

Question: Are those in need of that stable release willing to invest
some time (or the
substitute) into making this a reality?

For me I can only say that I am not that thrilled to have a boring
beta/alpha/gamma/full image
phase again just now, so I am relecutant to coordinate it. (I don't
need it, and it's not fun).

So if there is a group who really needs that stable release, I think
those should organize to
coordinate it. With someone taking the lead, we could have a 3.8 in 3-4
weeks and start
to have fun in 3.9 soon.

What do people think?

               Marcus