Celeste Repositories (was Re: New Celeste version bp.14 on SqueakSource)

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Tue Sep 21 13:51:01 UTC 2004

Hi Bernhard,
    I will work on this as soon as possible.
I will do the merge with the main truck:  I hope to have some time in
the next weekend.
Only one question:
    I'd like to have only a master repository: it will simplify a lot my
work, and also the contributors, I suppose.

    For the squeakers (!) is it more easy to access to the SqueakMap or
SqueakSource?
What about disk space? Can be a problem on the long-run?
I can release on SqueakMap the stable versions, and on SqueakSource the
developer version.
Please give me your feedback :)

Bernhard Pieber ha scritto  in data 18/09/2004 15.08:

>Hi fellow Celestians,
>
>I merged in a few small fixes to Giovanni's latest released version of
>Celeste, the Squeak email reader, SqueakMap version 1.23 (r2),
>Monticello version gg.8. You can find my version bp.14 on the
>SqueakSource Monticello repository http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/Celeste.
>
>It includes the following fixes:
>- improve rebuild spam database performance by Daniel Vainsencher (from
>dvf.6)
>- more robust decodeMimeHeader (from bp.9)
>- status pane drawing fix
>
>Giovanni, it would be great if you could merge these changes into the
>next release of Celeste, so that I don't have to merge them again next
>time. Let me know if you have problems with this or any of the fixes.
>
>Speaking of the new version, is there anything I can help you with? I
>have little time myself, so I am hesitant to promise much, but I am
>really interested in an improved Celeste. Thanks for taking over the
>responsibility for maintaining Celeste!
>
>- Bernhard
>
>P.S. By the way, Monticello was really helpful with this and I made good
>use of its new backport feature.

 Giovanni Giorgi               ObjectWay SpA - Milano
 http://www.objectway.it    via Boltraffio, 7 - 20156 Milano