Laurent Cocea lcocea at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 12:23:24 UTC 2004

Hello all,

New to Squeak, I have installed 3.6 (apparently, the most recent
stable release). Fonts are too small for my screen so I tryied
installing the Bitstream Vera Fonts Naked package from
squeakfoundation.org. To do that, I attempted using the World menu |
Open | Package Loader method. It said my SqeakMap package was obsolete
(I have version 1 and the master server is running version 2) so I
have to upgrade it. I selected "Yes". The upgrade failed, apparently
the server beta4.com is currently down
(//beta4.com/squeak/MCInstaller.8.st not found). In a web browser, the
main page at beta4.com reads "We are experiencing technical
difficulties... ...and looking for new hosting. Please stand by.".

I have also downloaded the specific file from squeakfoundation.org. Is
there a way to load a package from a locally downloaded file? I
searched the FAQ and could find no instructions on that.

Thank you in advance.

--Laurent