Need your help for my books on Squeak

Lothar Schenk lothar.schenk at gmx.de
Wed Sep 22 12:30:11 UTC 2004

stéphane ducasse wrote:

> 	- whether you have ideas how to publish this book (may be with a print
> on demand system).

Have a look at

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/books.aspx

for a print-on-demand service.

Basically, you upload a pdf with the book contents, choose the type of binding
you want and can make a page on the site to advertise the book. Cafepress
gets a fixed amount per book actually sold, and you get the margin you want
to put on top of Cafepress's share. If I understand this correctly, there are
no costs to you, if noone orders your book. The buyer pays your price
(Cafepress's share and your margin) + postage, the latter dependent on
physical location in the world. Buyer is also responsible for meeting tax
requirements if outside U.S.

Looks like a very clean and uncomplicated service to me, though I haven't
tried it yet.

Lothar