[BUG] [FIX] GOODS doesn't store ColorArrays

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 13:18:34 UTC 2004

Hi Avi,

I was trying to put a Morph that was currently not displayed in the
world into my GOODS database.  I am using GOODS-avi.71.mcz.  When
doing so, an instance of ColorArray in the morph does not properly
serialize.

I noticed that KKVariableFieldContainer>>writeVariablePartOfObject:onStream:
is sending at: on an indexed object instead of basicAt:.  It just so
turns out that ColorArray>>at: is re-implemented to return an instance
of Color rather than the number representing the color -- causing all
kinds of foul things for GOODS.

So the attached mcd file fixes the problem by calling basicAt: rather than at:.

Regards,

John
--
Three failures denote uncommon strength. A weakling has not enough
grit to fail thrice. -- Minna Thomas Antrim