Squeak & Apache?

Jan B. Krejčí JanBKrejci at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 15:23:52 UTC 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:39:28 -0400, Laurent Cocea <lcocea at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all--
>
> Is it possible to use a Squeak script/bytecode/binary as an external
> application (CGI) with the Apache web server? I think that boils down
> to a question in the FAQ, that is, whether Squeak scripts can run w/o
> launching the GUI; that question remains, apparently, unanswered
> (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/781). Thank you.
>
> --Laurent

I think it IS generally possible (just see
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/425 and add -nosound -nodisplay
arguments betweern the "squeak" and image name.

BUT in my opinion squeak is not very  suitable to be run as a CGI. I
personally would look for another one (please squeakers dont kill me
for lack of loyalty! :-) )

--
.:jbk:.
Jan B. Krejci