Pending mac carbon vm 3.7.5Beta3

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Sep 23 16:40:34 UTC 2004

On Sep 23, 2004, at 1:57 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> The only issue is, when I build from sources, I get 11 warnings (which
> is not a problem in itself, but in conflict with the readme stating
> there should only be 1). And, resources.sit seems to be old, I do not
> get the golden icons but the older white ones. And, it reports its
> version as 3.7.5b1 rather than 3.7.5.b3. But apart from that ... it's
> great :-)

The resource file has been updated. After building you should go to the
Finder and rename the Application and see if it updates your icons, the
issue is that it has a copy of the old icons in the launch services
database, sometimes renaming can make it re-read and update it's
database.

> - Bert -
>
> sqMacOpenGLInfo.c:52: static declaration for `xopenf' follows
> non-static
> sqMacOpenGL.c:99: static declaration for `xopenf' follows non-static
> sqMacExternalPrims.c:227: passing arg 2 of `makeOSXPath' makes integer
> from pointer without a cast

These are fixed.

> interp.c:7438: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
> interp.c:12659: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
> interp.c:12794: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
> interp.c:13382: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
> interp.c:15177: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
> interp.c:16891: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
> interp.c:17085: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast

These I don't get, so what is the assignment it is trying to make?

> interp.c:22265: passing arg 1 of `sqImageFileStartLocation' makes
> integer from pointer without a cast

someday, a change set to fix this..

===