Squeak & Apache?

lex at cc.gatech.edu lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Sep 26 23:18:28 UTC 2004

Laurent Cocea <lcocea at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to use a Squeak script/bytecode/binary as an external
> application (CGI) with the Apache web server? I think that boils down
> to a question in the FAQ, that is, whether Squeak scripts can run w/o
> launching the GUI; that question remains, apparently, unanswered
> (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/781). Thank you.

As far as I know no one has modified any Squeak web framework for this
kind of use; you have to run a Squeak HTTP server and then have apache
redirect to it.

It should not be difficult, though.  CGI itself should be doable, and
there are better alternatives than CGI floating around that do not
require one fork/execute per HTTP request.

-Lex