Proxy settings as preferences

German Arduino gsa at softhome.net
Mon Sep 27 13:59:57 UTC 2004

Hernan Tylim wrote:

> Thanks German,
>
> I read in a previous mail of yours that you are working on the
> HTTPProxyEditor. What would you think of storing the proxy settings as
> preference values?
>
> This was already suggested to my by stephane and I think its a very good
> idea. In this way we would have access to all the settings from only one
> place.
>
> If you need help with this please email me, I was already going to do it
> anyways.
>
> Regards,
> Hernán

Hi Hernan:

Sure, it's a good idea to use the proxy setting as a preference, but my
goal is to develop a very simple type of "control center" to use by
final users in my apps. Don't sure if a final user might deal with all
the Preferences, but I'm sure that if the user see the ui already open
to set the proxy and Kom services, might be more easy to understand.

What do you think?

Regards.