Let's move on from text-representation of behaviour!

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 16:17:56 UTC 2004

> What I want to do is replace the .sources file with a Monticello repository, so
> we don't loose history everytime we condense sources, and turn the .changes
> file into a true journaling system.

Amen!  This sounds like a great change.  I don't know what it will
enable me to do, but I think I like it.  Imagine being able to send a
class instance to someone and it contains source code, compiled
methods, and such.  This sounds like a nice vehicle to distribute code
in a granular method-at-a-time way -- that has got to be very
enabling.

And by any means, don't lose the journaling system of the changes
file.  That is super critical in a production environment.

Regards,

John