[ANN] OmniBrowser 1.0 alpha 4

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.ca
Tue Sep 28 01:44:38 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

I've just posted OB alpha 4 to SqueakMap.

As I discussed with Stéphane and other here a few weeks ago, this
release is intended for inclusion in some future release of Squeak -
maybe 3.8 or 3.9 depending on how the plan for those releases develops.
I've removed all the code related to package browsers and done a lot of
clean up on what remained; this version should be a lot easier to work
with. I've also put some effort into polishing up the code browsers,
and now they're pretty stable and usable.

So I encourage every one to give it a try and let me know of any
problems or awkwardness you find. If there are no major usability
problems with this release, I'll make a beta release and focus on bug
fixing until it's solid enough for a final 1.0 release.

A note on installation: there are a few quirks in the installer that I
haven't been able to figure out yet, but they shouldn't prevent OB from
installing. Just proceed through the warning on Bogus, and click 'No'
when asked if you want to install version 224.

Cheers,

Colin