htylim at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Sep 29 11:29:19 UTC 2004
> I think PreferencesBrowser is a welcome tool.
> I manage to combine all your .cs and load in Squeak3.8a-6271.image.
> What I miss:
> A mechanism for add new preferences.
> I wish add Fonts preferences.
To add a preference you need to use one of the many methods in
Preferences class. (Go to the class side and choose the add preferences
For example you can do:
Preferences addBooleanPreference: #aBoolPreference category: #hernan
defaultValue: false helpString:'this is a help string'.
To get its value:
Preferences valueOfPreference: #aBoolPreference
For Font preferences is the same mechanism but you should know that it
is not yet done the support at the Browser level (only its view
implementation is lacking). But this is something that it will be
definitely coming soon.
My to do list is approximately this:
1. finalize the changes to the squeak core.
2. add preferences for proxy and smtp settings
3. add preferences to set up the squeaks fonts
4. add preferences to set up the selection and keyboard focus color.
5. add preferences to set up the windows colors
More information about the Squeak-dev