Making sense of VM test coverage.

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 20:23:39 UTC 2004

stéphane ducasse writes:
 > Hi bryce
 >
 > do you think that it would make sense to have it for the interpreter?
 > I do :). I contacted Dan because he told me that he fixed the
 > interpreter
 > when doing the 64 port (but dan did not reply yet) and I would like to
 > get
 > those fixes back in the image because I would like to learn by playing
 > with
 > the interpreter and this is really a key asset of Squeak.

I think it could make sense for the interpreter. It depends on your
working style. I'd want them I if I was working there.

I'll aim to clean the tests up after I get Exupery's tree traversal
optimiser working. That could be a few months still, mostly because
I'm starting a new job on Monday and moving to a new house the week
after.

They would definately help with stabilising interpreter changes. At
least to create more of the odd ball crashes early.

Bryce