3.6 full packages?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Sep 29 20:31:45 UTC 2004

Hi Guys,

I just ran into a very unfortunate situation: I have an image which has been
built on top of 3.6 basic but some later code (written against 3.6 too)
requires (a variety of) the full packages. My problem: I have no idea which
versions of the packages at SM have been used when 3.6-full was built,
neither do I know if their latest version will work with 3.6 (highly
unlikely if they have been touched at all in the mean time) nor do I know
where I would find those packages, nor do I know how to "extract" them
(which may not be possible for all of them) from a 3.6 full image.

Help! If you happen to know which versions went into 3.6 and if you happen
to have a copy of said package please let me know.

Cheers,
  - Andreas

PS. God, how I wish I had a cached version of all of the packages that went
into 3.6 full ... I wonder if we shouldn't ship the packages which have been
loaded in full as "loadable" (e.g., cached) with the basic versions?!