vm: problem with unix build process

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 29 23:33:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 09:38:05PM +0200, Martin Kuball wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to build a new vm from the cvs for debian linux. The
> problem is that the external plugins are missing the ".so" ending.
> Any idea how to solve this?

The build process does a bunch of totally incomprehensible stuff with
libtool. If you do "make install" it will probably take care of this
for you. If you don't want to install your newly compiled VM, but want
to figure out how to make the "*.so" files, try "make -n install" to
see what the right commands are. Something like this will let you
see what's going on:

   $ man -n install 2>&1 | less

You can probably hack your way through it from there.

Dave