about harvesting

danil a. osipchuk danil-home at tsnet.ru
Thu Sep 30 12:13:53 UTC 2004

Hi list
I left my previous job and now sitting at home preparing for "search the
next job" quest. So i can spend several hours per day for some work with
BFAV (aka "simple things we all can do"). I've read related topics on
swiki (sure not all of them) - and now have some questions.
1) Is it real to use BFAV with dialup connection? (Ideally I would like
to work in "batch" mode - not holding the line all the time) Are there
any caveats in using BFAV _right now_ or things are pretty
straightforward(I mean some specific preparations of image or something
like this)?
2) What are topics community most interesting in (it seems that if one
will begin to strive for benefit of squeak on his one - he'll produce
amount of useless work depending on his enthusiasm)?
3) If BFAV is the place where action happens now or all is being moved
to mantis?
In general I would like to hear simple instructions from somebody
knowledgeable in order to start

Danil