Post fixes on Mantis?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 30 17:36:21 UTC 2004

stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> Post if to mantis (but I'm not sure). It seems that fewer people will
> look at it but may be not.
>
> Stef
>

> On 29 sept. 04, at 22:51, Ben Schroeder wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > When looking at Mantis today, I noticed a bug report (having to do with
> > Squeak's date parsing) and worked up a fix.  I wasn't sure whether to
> > post
> > the fix here, using the BFAV tags, or whether to post it on Mantis.
> > Where
> > should we be sending such things?

This is getting silly. If the community decision is to use this Mantis
thing (which seems to me to be about as inconvenient a tool as I could
imagine) then we need a proper commitment. So far almost nothing is in
there. What about all the other bugs in the BFAV archive? What is the
expected future of BFAV - one of the more useful tools I've seen.

At least we could try something helpful like [BUG] emails automagically
going into Mantis. For those of use in low-bandwidth hell a webstie
based system like Mantis is extremely inconvenient - connect, log in,
ask for a list of bugs, look at one.... Bah. BFAV at least caches stuff
so you can go away and do something else useful in the meantime.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BOMB: Burn Out Memory Banks