"error occurred during install" SystemDictionary>>changes not understood

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Apr 1 11:36:47 UTC 2005

Hi Mike!

Mike <me at mikehogan.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to install MiniTraits from SM, and got the above error.

Yes, I know what the problem is, but I need to know more information.

> Can any one please offer some guidance?

Yes, I will help you :).

What Squeak are you using?

The issue is that my code in SM (I am pretty sure) thinks you are using
an older Squeak and tries to send the message #changes to Smalltalk
(which is an instance of SystemDictionary) but it doesn't understand
that message, because in later Squeaks the method has moved.

What does the following expression report:

	SystemVersion current highestUpdate

Type that somewhere, select it and press alt-p.

> Many thanks.
>
> Take care,
> Mike.

regards, Göran