Smalltalk/JVM

Mike me at mikehogan.net
Fri Apr 1 13:37:09 UTC 2005

Oh my God yes, this is fantastic.  I've been doing java for years
now, its my bread and butter.  I have been learning smalltalk over
the last 4 or 5 months so far I love it and it would be my
language of choice for any new projects I am starting.  But there
are excellent libraries in Java that I miss - Lucene springs to
mind - so if you are telling me that I can have the best of both
worlds, I would pull your arm off in my haste to get it.  And I
suspect there are other developers in the same boat.  I also
suspect that its not a case of "compile and go" i.e. would I be
able to compile Lucene java code and call it just like that from
smalltalk code?

Take care,
Mike.

Receive and share.