Smalltalk/JVM

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Apr 1 15:36:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 17:23:43 +0200, Noury Bouraqadi
<bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr> wrote:
> A french company made a kind of middleware that bridge Java and
> Smalltalk. You can have applications from both worlds collaborating.

Smalltalk/X has such a bridge as well, I think. Or did they implement a
JVM in StX? Don't remember, but they did something with Java :)

I started once on a bridge for VW, where a JVM was started under control
of VW when necessary. Never finished it, but shouldn't be completely
undoable with Squeak either. Personally, I think this is preferrable to
trying to wedge Smalltalk on top of Java. Which, IMNSHO, is a bit akin to
driving a Ferrari in Paris-Dakar...