Unofficial status report

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Apr 1 23:51:24 UTC 2005

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> 	- ToolBuilder (32 subscribed to ml). This project started out with a
> bang, but the ml has been mostly silent during march. I don't think that
> means anything in particular but I personally look forward to get
> ToolBuilder installed as a package in Basic in the 3.9 alpha stream
> ASAP, Brian, you hear me? :) The reasoning for that is to make the API
> available for all of us so that we can start to program against it under
> 3.9 which in turn is important because in later releases (4.0 or 4.1 or
> whatever) Morphic will turn into a package (MorphicSplitters) and then
> tools that hasn't been ported to using ToolBuilder will become
> inoperational without Morphic installed.

The ToolBuilder *api* has been available on SqueakSource for quite a
while already. The changes Brian is working on are the places that need
to be fixed for ToolBuilder *integration*, e.g., using it in places
where we currently have hardcoded references to specific UI frameworks.
If you want to look at and play with the ToolBuilder API all you need to
load is the packages from Squeaksource (see the Wiki for more
information). BTW, these packages are non-intrusive; they contain no
modifications but only additions (we keep Brian's changes separate from
the core packages).

Regards,
   - Andreas