Database options was (Re: My first Magma experience ...)

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Mon Apr 4 15:25:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:49:53 -0400, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>
wrote:

> File locking for unix/linux is provided by OSProcess (see SqueakMap).
> I understand that this has been successfully used with Omnibase, and
> as far as I know the "availability" question is something to do with
> the commercial versus non-commercial version of Omnibase or perhaps
> some licensing issue.

The major issue for the NC version is that it is old. However, I've done
my share of pestering David (and only buying 1 (one) commercial license),
so I'm hesitant to ask him for favors here, especially since I have the
full code. I'd *love* to see an up-to-date OmniBase for Squeak, though. If
only to expose more people to this wonderful piece of work.

The commercial version is up-to-date, I haven't checked whether the Linux
version has file locking in there, but if it doesn't, as I said, it's a
small matter to get it in (mostly testing).