Return values in primitives.

Lothar Schenk lothar.schenk at gmx.de
Tue Apr 5 12:48:08 UTC 2005

thimof at iutc3.unicaen.fr wrote:

> Yes, I admit that you gotta be right. I should have read more examples, one
> colmes from the SerialPlugin (the one in charge of the serial port) and the
> other example was found on the Internet . Not to reject the fault on other
> people but I suspect that one function in this example is wrong.

There is a chapter called "Extending the Squeak Virtual Machine" by Andrew C.
Greenberg in the Book "Squeak: Open Personal Computing and Multimedia" (ed.
Mark Guzdial & Kimberly Rose,  ISBN 0130280917), which deals with the issue
of implementing plug-ins and primitive functions.

A preview version is availabe online at

http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/greenberg.pdf

The book is still on sale, though, I believe.

Lothar