Mac OS X support question

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Apr 5 21:44:25 UTC 2005

When I looked at it a couple of years ago the problem was

a) X windows interfacing (well that can be #ifdef out)
b) main(args) That was put into the source code
c) HFS+ file names. However we now have an internal vm api to convert
HFS+ to Posix UTF-8 file names, and posix to HFS+ (this to be pushed
out later this week).

Worst case is you can use applescript to invoke shell scripts to return
values.

On Apr 5, 2005, at 1:32 PM, Cees de Groot wrote:

> Our app has some OS-dependent classes that return, for that platform,
> the directory where data should be stored, a directory where documents
> can be temporarily created, etcetera. For Unix, we use the
> OSProcessPlugin (so we can return ${HOME}/.dgv, for example); for
> Windows, we use FFI and Win32 API calls.
>
> I'm now trying to 'port' the thing to Mac OS X. Assuming that we can
> just crash&burn on classic Mac OS for the time being (if that would
> make a difference...), what would be the easiest way to implement this
> on Mac OS X?
>
> TIA,
>
> Cees

===