Making the world safe for Pure OO

Peter Suk peter.kwangjun.suk at mac.com
Fri Apr 8 09:36:43 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005, at 4:01 AM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> Peter Suk a écrit :
>
> You know Ruby is an open-source project. If you plan to use a
> commercial VM, i think the Ruby developpers will not follow you, even
> you have a faster VM ...

The VisualWorks implementation is for commercial uses.  There is always
Squeak (Which Avi Bryant has clued me in that I can use, despite its
lack of Namespaces.)

Java is not Open Source.  There is a Java implementation of Ruby.  Go
figure.

--Peter

--
There's neither heaven nor hell, save what we grant ourselves.
There's neither fairness nor justice, save what we grant each other.