morpic mystries

Joern Eyrich Joern.Eyrich at syngenio.de
Fri Apr 8 16:26:34 UTC 2005

Herbert König wrote:
> thanks for your help, that works. What I do not understand is, why it
> also works the other way, when the button is a temp to the method and
> not an Instvar of the application.

hm,  I don't think that's the case. I used temp vars when I researched my
previous answer to you (to save some clicking/typing).

> runButtonColor for example has no sender besides the single send in
> TestRunner's openAsMorph and TestRunner's buttons start up in green!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. I probably have a different
TestRunner, because I see the send to runButtonColor in a method called
buildRunButton and not directly in openAsMorph (I use a 3.9a image updated to
update #6643), but I think that's not the crucial difference anyway; rather I
expect it's the point Hernan made: there's another morph in the containment
hierarchy between the system window and the green button. so when the
(Bordered)Morph that contains the green button is added to the SystemWindow, its
color ist adjusted, but the green button is left alone.

Squeak On,
Joern