morpic mystries

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Apr 9 08:02:11 UTC 2005

Hello Joern and Hernan,

>> runButtonColor for example has no sender besides the single send in
>> TestRunner's openAsMorph and TestRunner's buttons start up in green!

JE> I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. I probably have a different

you have, I use 3.6, it's snappier on my 600MHz laptop. I looked at
TestRunner from 3.7 which is like you describe. It's much better
factored but for understanding purposes I prefer a longer linear
routine like in 3.6. (one printout and instead of cross referencing
many sheets (or browsers) you can just annotate one sheet.

JE> TestRunner, because I see the send to runButtonColor in a method called
JE> buildRunButton and not directly in openAsMorph (I use a 3.9a image updated to
JE> update #6643), but I think that's not the crucial difference anyway; rather I
JE> expect it's the point Hernan made: there's another morph in the containment
JE> hierarchy between the system window and the green button. so when the

I guess you're right but I don't see it exploring the morphs in 3.6,
please see attached images. If I look into the first
PluggableButtonMorph, of each SystemWindow they both have their
SystemWindow as owner.

Checking back in 3.7 the button morphs have AlignmentMorphs as owners
and only these have have the SystemWindow as an owner, as Hernan
states.

So the explanation is good for 3.7 and younger but there must be some
different reason in 3.6.

I also attached both openAsMorph methods as I clearly can't see the
light.

JE> Squeak On,

I promise!  :-))

Best regards,