morpic mystries

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Apr 9 08:26:24 UTC 2005

Hello Hernan,

thanks for replying!
HT> I don't know if I can provide enlightenment but, ....
SystemWindow>>>addMorph:fullFrame: change the colors of the added morph

I made a beautiful newbie mistake here. Wanted to watch it and put
self halt into this method. The debugger did not open :-))).

Squeak stayed responsive so I could back out of it. If I continue like
this I will soon learn about the change sorter :-)

HT> this off, but I don't remenber the name right now). You can change the
HT> color of the button after you add it to the Windows, but that will not
HT> work if you afterwards change the SystemWindow color via the
HT> SystemWindow's menu option.

This is not true in 3.6. My buttons stay green after this.

HT> The expected way for you to doing what you need is to use an extra morph
HT> between the SystemWindow and your buttons, so this intermediate morph
HT> will be the one recolored and not your buttons. Conceptually think of
HT> this morph as a panel to hold widgets on a SystemWindow (This panel
HT> might hold many different buttons for example and layout them in row
HT> fashion, or whatever you like)

I'll do this later, learning goes in small steps. In 3.6 there is no
morph in the owners chain between the button and the systemWindow.
If you care to please look at my reply to Joern for more details.

Best regards,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net