Traits and Omnibrowser, errors testing clean copy

Thomas Koenig tomkoenig at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 9 23:12:16 UTC 2005

stéphane ducasse wrote
>> When running all SUNIT tests after installing Traits in 5989, I get
>> multiple errors in Omnibrowser that deal with Dictionary not
>> understanding #associations.
>> ..
> I have problem to understand what is the problem so I cannot easily
> answer something making sense.

Sorry, Try this in a clean Squeak3.7-5989-full.image: Install Monticello
183 and Traits beta2.1.  Using SunitTestRunner,  execute the
OBAccessBrowserTest.  OBAccessBrowserTest>>testSelectorSend will fail
with "MessageNotUnderstood: Dictionary>>associations"  That's because
the following fails
OBMessageNode>>setRange
	assoc _ (methodNode encoder rawSourceRanges)
			associations ....
My guess is that (methodNode encoder rawSourceRanges) should be
returning an OBDictionaryNode rather than a Dictionary?  I'm going to
try that path first.  If that doesn't work, I'll adding #associations to
Dictionary.  If someones already seen and fixed the problem, I'd like to
know.

I'll send a separate message about the other kind of problems I've seen.
Tom