Inconsistant results installing Traits in 3.7

Thomas Koenig tomkoenig at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 10 21:18:37 UTC 2005

I decided I wanted to reinstall Traits with a fresh image.  So from
Squeak3.7-5989-full.image, opened SM and a workspace and saved an image.
Installed Monticello 183 and saved an image. Installed Traits beta2.1.
After doing its half hour of compiling and coming to the point where the
"Cleaning Up" progress bar is showing, it gave me a message box:
"Error occurred during install: PureBehavior
class>>compiledMethodAt:ifAbsent: Would you like to open a debugger?". I
select yes, and Debug and get a MNU for the PureBehavior
class>>compiledMethodAt:ifAbsent:  When I select PureBehavior class
(ClassDescription)>>notifyOfRecategorizedSelctor:from:to:, I get another
debugger on ClassDescription class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
#compiledMethodAt:ifAbsent: After that, my attempts to debug just go
into a loop of more debug windows like the last one.
I tried the above approach several times usually with the same results.
On one run from Squeak3.7-5989-full.image, opened SM and a workspace and
saved an image. Installed Monticello 183 and saved an image. Installed
Traits beta2.1. After doing its half hour of compiling but with me away
from the machine I get a message box:"Error occurred during install: a
descendant of a descendant of a descendant of a descendant....Would you
like to open a debugger?". I select yes, and Debug and get a MNU a
descendant of a descendant of a descendant of a descendant... Which
start with ClassDescription class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
#compiledMethodAt:ifAbsent:
This debugger log is attached.

I'm not sure how I was to install Traits cleanly before.
Tom