Squeak-3.7b audio recording issue on FC3

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Tue Apr 12 03:14:03 UTC 2005

Ned Konz wrote:

>On Monday 21 February 2005 10:40 am, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>>>Someone should write an ALSA sound plugin, probably. For low latency,
>>>probably something like Jack would make more sense, but it's not standard
>>>with any distribution that I've seen.
>>>

>>Alsa is now standard with Fedora Core 3.
>>

>I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I know that Alsa is standard; I was saying that Jack
>isn't.
>
>So who wants to write an Alsa sound plugin?

I would be glad to. But, I've never written one and my C chops are rusty.
But, I'd be glad to give it a go if someone could help me.

I just tried to record in FC3 and Squeak bombed:

[bfuller at ives squeak]$ aoss squeak Squeak3.8g-6643.image
squeak:
/home/pingu/piumarta/squeak/devel/platforms/unix/vm-sound-OSS/sqUnixSoundOSS.c:333:
dspOpen: Assertion `dsp->fd < 0' failed.
Aborted

The kernel I'm running:
2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma

I'll try a little less radical kernel.