[Bug] [Squeak3.7] Prolog - Squeak hung up while saving the image

John Rubier insurgenthsd at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 13 18:21:24 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
Hi list,

  After successfully loading the Prolog package from SqueakMap, I coldn't
  save the image and Squeak simply hung up. I'm using a clean/fresh
  Squeak 3.7 image (Squeak3.7-5989-full.image) running on WinXP. I
  would like to know if anyone has experienced similar behavior or if
  it's a known bug and there's some patch that solve it.

I ran into this just this last weekend. I was using a non-clean image so thought maybe it was something with mine.
Squeak stops responsing altogether and Alt-. does nothing.
If you wave the cursor around the screen for a little while, the "output console" window appears at the bottom and scrolls "WARNING: event buffer overflow" each time it gets a mouse event.
I've let it run for 30 minutes but it never becomes active again. The save operation seems to write the .changes file and it creates a directory "Squeak3.7-5989-full.1_segs" (which I've not seen before) and hangs forever.
Closing the Squeak window results in the normal "Quit Squeak without saving" message and will close without a problem.