Throttle settings in Comanche?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Apr 14 08:03:05 UTC 2005

Jason Rogers <jacaetevha at fast-mail.org> wrote:
> Is there a throttle setting in Comanche?  I would like to be able to
> download some fairly substantial sized files from one of my servers but
> the rate of download is near only 500b/s.  Everything else to and from
> that same machine is upwards of 100Kb/s, so it seemed to me that
> Comanche must be doing the throttling.  Any clues?

No throttling in there, but obviously something is odd. 500b/s is...
slow. :) How large are the files you are downloading? If they are really
big it matters.

And btw, you could try using my new SocketStream implementation called
FastSocketStream.
It is on SM, I just made a new release with a small fix in it. You can
simply check for references to SocketStream in the Kom code, there is a
single one - change it and try again.

regards, Göran