Streams in squeak.

François THIMON thimof at iutc3.unicaen.fr
Thu Apr 14 09:21:00 UTC 2005

Hi.
It seems my previous message hasn't been posted correctly, then here it is once
more:

I currently work for a project in which I have to transmit orders with the
I2C protocol. For the moment, I already have an I2CProtocol class that can send
commands (as highSDA, lowSCL, sendACK and so on) to (almost) any kind of link
(either a socket, a hardware port, ...). My teachers would like me to make my
class as a stream : I2CStream. Currently I don't really think I'm fluent enough
with the notion of stream, but I can still read any API's documentation on my
own.

My questions are :
 - according to you, what should I do in order to conceive a class that "fits"
in squeak's current framework? What functionalities should my stream have?
 - is there already some project or code I should inspire myself from?

Be (small-)talkative!! Thank you in advance for your guidance.

François THIMON.

--

Prog', Games & Rock'n'Roll : all you need to live on