native threads

Ramiro Diaz Trepat ramirodt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:23:23 UTC 2005

I was just told by a co-worker that saw my previous post, that
preemption "sort-of" exists in Squeak, but not among processes of the
same priority, and that that was the reason why the Processor yield
was necessary in that example.  Is this so?
Why is preemption limited to processes of different priorities?
Why does Morphic freeze everytime a program does something wrong?
Because of a poor implementation of the message queue?
...I still think that native threads should be implemented.

--
http://neosmt.com