Fwd: native threads

Ramiro Diaz Trepat ramirodt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 19:52:20 UTC 2005

Cees, my point is not mooted.  Most web applications use threading.
Most of the servers that run our applications today are Dual Opterons
running Linux.
Nobody yet answered why they think it's all right to have to do
Processor yields in your code for threads of same priority.
Are you really that conservative, I mean to defend teeth and claws
anachronic green threads?
Wouldn't you be happy with a preemtive system that worked fine?  Not
having to do fake load balancing haviing different images doing
different jobs? Not having to ever write Processor yield?
come on... what would be wrong with native threads?

--
http://neosmt.com