OODB Collections

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Apr 15 06:09:49 UTC 2005

Hi!

David Shaffer <cdshaffer at acm.org> wrote:
> http://www.apacheweek.com/features/reverseproxies  I have had problems
> with Comanche behind a proxy when uploading large files.  I basically
> had to disable keep alive:  "HttpAdapter keepAlive: false".  Everything
> works great now but I have no idea what the problem really was.

Well, uploading and downloading large files is something I plan to fix.
I have already fixed some serious shortcomings with upload which relates
to SocketStream - FastSocketStream available on SM handles that much
better.

But the issue remains that Kom doesn't handle very large files that
good, I intend to give KomHttpServer a performance overhaul when 3.8 is
finalized. I have already a bunch of improvements lined up. And putting
in large file support (as in "don't suck it all into RAM") seems like a
good thing.

So now is probably a good time to send me patches for it and I can
integrate them too. :)

regards, Göran