SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin

Martin Kuball MartinKuball at web.de
Sun Apr 17 18:49:06 UTC 2005

Hi!

I realized that doing a xvid interface via ffi is not the right way to
go. Now I'm about to write a real plugin. I decided to make a
subclass of SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin. Seems to be fine so far.
But I miss one thing. I have methods that take pointers to some
memory as input. I can pass ByteArrays for this. But sometimes I
would like to pass a null pointer. Ideally I would use a nil in the
Squeak code. But the code generated by slang will fail on that.
Now is there a way to modify the generator to make him emit an
additional test for nil before building the address of the first
element? And what is the right way to check if an oop is the nil
object anyway?

Martin