web browsers

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Tue Apr 19 06:02:53 UTC 2005

Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:

>Lex Spoon wrote on Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:05:50 -0400
>

>>In short, if you want results quickly, then it is best to leverage what is there.
>>I am happy to help anyone who wants to extend Scamper and is finding
>>it tough going.  I've long suggested that people start by pitching in on the
>>TableMorph effort that has already begun.  That alone will give us a
>>dramatic increase in the number of pages that are displayable in Squeak.
>> Likewise, if TableMorph is already too difficult for people to make much
>>progress on, then we should certainly be afraid of trying to do anything
>>even more ambitious.
>>

 >>          Karl posted about that. I tried that package back in the
3.2 days and it

>>caused Squeak to seg-fault on most pages I looked at. This was on a
>>Sparc Solaris machine which might be a more fragile platform than normal
>>- I didn't even know that Smalltalk-only code could crash Squeak like
>>that.

I had layout issues crash Squeak really hard, but
not seg-faulting to my knowledge.
The code has moved along a little since 3.2.
But there is always room for improvement.
I'll try to clean up and comment what I got so far
and post it on SqueakSource/SqueakMap.
Frames and Tables should be able to share a great deal
of code, since I already split the text apart into
different pieces/ morphs.

Karl