3.8/3.9 Divergence

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Apr 19 18:28:11 UTC 2005

Hi all!

Just wanted to chime in and say that Michael corresponded with us
Coordinators and a few others off list (IIRC) about how to handle this
refactoring in relation to 3.8 and we decided together that given the
factors it was best to get it in despite the very late hour because as
Andreas explained - the mess we would have gotten into without doing
this now would have been really... super awkward. :)

So we sucked it up and delayed 3.8, but I too think it was the right
thing to do. AFAIK we don't have people jumping up and down waiting for
3.8 - so better to get it right.

regards, Göran