Debian's constitution

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Fri Apr 22 09:36:21 UTC 2005

Hello,

One important point to emphasis about Debian is the how volunteers
become offically Debian developpers.

Volunteer for such job have to go a long evaluation process. The
evaluatiion process help to evaluate the technical skill. As the
evaluation can last several weeks or months the process also helps to
see how much free time the volunteer can dedicate.
Then only volunteers who have been through this process become official
Debian developer and only the Debian developper have voting power.
At some point, such a model could help to keep coherent and active a
Squeak developer body.

Just my 2 cents

Hilaire