[Q] About IconicButton in PartsBin, as responding to sender of bug#impara.de bounces message

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Apr 22 12:49:01 UTC 2005

First I apologize any troubles.

Scott:
I appreciate your corrections.
As still learning , I don't know some things.
> If, instead of tearing off a fresh instance from the Objects Catalog by
> using a simple drag, you decide to *rip out the entry itself° from the
> Objects Catalog by using the black halo handle, or to use the green
> halo-handle to obtain a duplicate of the parts-donor button  -- which
> seemingly is the gesture that the "fix" is trying to support -- then the
> object you obtain will be a "parts-donor button".  (Try dragging from it
> -- you'll get fresh instances!)  So if you were to drop *that* button into
> the Widgets flap, you'd get an item in the Widgets flap which, when the
> user drags from it, produces a copy of that parts-donor button.
Not in any images what I have without my bad fix. (this comes from 3.4 era
or earlier)
Having a duplicate via green halo handle don't work in any flap.(see
attached pict)

f _ Form fromFileNamed: 'Macintosh
HD:Users:admin:Public:SqueakDevelop:StabiloBoss.jpg'. "put here the path of
your pict"
esteBoton _ IconicButton new. "Create a new IconicButton "
esteBoton initialize. "For 3,8 no need, but I have this as example for ages
"
esteBoton labelGraphic: f. "You button see like as you graphic "
esteBoton openInWorld.

And grabbing to any flap I don't see any wrong in any images WITH my bad
fix.

Sometimes feeling I'm the only using Squeak in odd ways.
Sorry if I wasting your time, all this happened when I try to change what's
on Tools Flap , like putting button for ZipTool or moving button for Browser
to first place manually.

Thanks again.

Edgar