[ENH]HTMLTableMorph ([closed] needs splitting into multiple changesets)

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Mon Apr 25 17:37:53 UTC 2005

Ken Causey wrote:

>Karl,
>
>This Enhancement applies to multiple external packages (at least
>Network-HTML and Scamper) as well as base classes such as Morphic
>classes.  Because of this this enhancement should be split up into at
>least one seperate changeset per external package and one for changes to
>base classes.

I have hacked around quite a bit and this change set touch a lot of
packages:

-SGGridLayout is a cool lightweight grid layout package that should be
in base Morphic IMHO.
-A couple of small fixes to Scamper to hide some scrollbars that screw
up layout.
-Enhancements to the Network-HTML package to process tables.
-A method added to WebPageMorph so horizontal scrollbars show up.
-The TableMorph and TableCellMorph them self.

> For that reason I'm going to close this since it isn't
>readily acceptable as it is.  Of course please resubmit this as seperate
>changesets as soon as you are ready to do so.  It would be really great
>if you could post it directly to Mantis and have each report seperately
>categorized and related so that the people that would make use of the
>changesets can find them were they are likely to be looking.  At the
>same time I think you mainly sent this out for people to check it out
>rather than for immediately inclusion.  In that case packaging it as a
>single changeset is easier certainly for the average user to try it out.
>However in that case it should not be tagged as an enhancement which
>implies that he submitter is suggesting it for more or less immediate
>inclusion.

I could have tagged it as a goodie which is ignored by the BFAV.
This was just to get it out and it's still under development so it
should not be included at the moment.
Some of the fixes could be included, so I'll post them seperatly.

>Seperately I did test this and it was certainly an improvement over base
>Scamper.  My own (rather sad) personal site ( http://kencausey.com/ )
>uses tables for layout and although I can't say it looked right with
>this changeset, it looked closer to right.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks. First priority is to clean up the code some and document it so
others can pitch in :-)

>(I tested this in 3.8g-6662 by the way; I didn't have much luck even

I  have loaded Scamper in 3.9, but I can't remember how I did it.
Karl