Making a server.

François THIMON thimof at iutc3.unicaen.fr
Thu Apr 28 11:13:36 UTC 2005

Hi.
First thanks for your guidance.
Regarding the numbers, I already knew about their unlimited size, I still think
it's not worse keeping those who can be handled more easily. Before, I thought
there was a method I could use single instead of having to perform a loop just
to do exactly the same wait.

Regarding your code, John, it seems to use the old class Socket (visibly some of
the methods I looked for were only in the old class and the comments in the
current squeak image haven't been updated and therefore still refer to them).

I tried to inspire myself from your code but it doesn't work more (I suppose I
have to use the latest class for sockets).
I tried to instantiate the class with newTCP as you do and I also tried to call
Socket initializeNetwork (the "IfFailed:" part of the method has gone), I also
tried Socket initialize but I whenever a connection is asked, I get message
saying that the primitive called by primAcceptFrom: receiveBufferSize:
sendBufSize: semaIndex: has failed.

Does someone know whether my code miss something or if I need to have a specific
kind of client to get the server to work??
Thanks in advance.