OODB Collections

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Thu Apr 28 12:37:25 UTC 2005

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

>Hi!
>
>David Shaffer <cdshaffer at acm.org> wrote:
>

>>http://www.apacheweek.com/features/reverseproxies  I have had problems
>>with Comanche behind a proxy when uploading large files.  I basically
>>had to disable keep alive:  "HttpAdapter keepAlive: false".  Everything
>>works great now but I have no idea what the problem really was.
>>

>Well, uploading and downloading large files is something I plan to fix.
>I have already fixed some serious shortcomings with upload which relates
>to SocketStream - FastSocketStream available on SM handles that much
>better.

I've been quietly watching FastSocketStream waiting for some more people
to indicate that they are using it in production systems.  Sounds like
it needs to find its way into my image ;-)

>But the issue remains that Kom doesn't handle very large files that
>good, I intend to give KomHttpServer a performance overhaul when 3.8 is
>finalized. I have already a bunch of improvements lined up. And putting
>in large file support (as in "don't suck it all into RAM") seems like a
>good thing.

The problem doesn't seem to be performance related.  I believe it is a
bug but I don't have the luxury of trying to track it down on a live
system.  I'll just run w/o keepAlive for now.

>So now is probably a good time to send me patches for it and I can
>integrate them too. :)

Sorry...see above.  Maybe some day I'll build an apache proxy on my
development machine...then I can actually try to debug the problem.

David

--
C. David Shaffer
http://www.cs.westminster.edu/~shaffer