The future for the Squeak Foundation Virtual Server

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 09:42:26 UTC 2005

As a side note, I ordered a virtual machine yesterday from Hetzner for
me privately. Service was prompt and efficient (almost German, heh
;-)), and after configuring the box as a secure remote Samba server
(OT - Samba+Shorewall+OpenVPN do a nice job) I'm now uploading the
contents of my fileserver at home.

Bandwidth looks excellent, price is probably unbeatable, we have a
couple of 'satisfied customer references' (with the added benefit that
we can do cross-backups on the Hetzner local net which doesn't get
charged against the bandwidth allowance), so I am very much in favour
of setting up box2.squeakfoundation.org over there. It'll be a bit of
work to get everything over (but not as much as the last time, we know
the issues now), but we ran out of breath sooner than we expected on
the current machine and I'll be more than happy to pump some time into
this sysadmin chore.