SqueakMap not updating

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Apr 29 19:51:42 UTC 2005

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:

> So which Mac VM is this?
> Image: Squeak3.8gamma [latest update: #6662]
>
> I see it fails in Array>>elementsForwardIdentityTo: which invokes
> become and we have altered become lately in the mac carbon vm to fix
> some crashes.
Users need to be running on a 3.7b6 or newer, or a 3.8b3 or newer VM to avoid
this. There are still plausible cases where become will fail - the way
become'ing is done means that if the same object is referred to twice in the
source or target arrays of the become then the headers can be corrupted. The
image code would need changing to avoid this.

tim
After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.