First attempt at SVG for squeak

Gary Chambers gazzaguru at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 1 07:38:37 UTC 2005

> Now that I can see much more graphics I have detected some problems
> else.  I have upload to example files for you to testing, they are at:
> www.itais.net/sea.svg and www.itais.net/castle.svg.
> In sea.svg you just can see as the colours are wrong. In castle.svg you
> also can see a funny error: the castle gate is drawn upside down.

Both problems seems to be caused by the fact that I'm only handling matrix()
transformations at present! On the (endless?) list of things to do...

Also, in the castle example, much of the graphics and text lie outside
the page bounds (can check this in Inkscape). At present I'm restricted
to the document bounds as described in the svg element, also every submorph
shares these bounds for the moment.

> About my previous mail, It is clear I didn't express myself well in my
> poor english. I will try it again: when picking up a SVGgroup , the size
> of the morph is the size of the sheet where it was drawn. I would like
> to see the size of the morph reduced to the size of the drawing. It is
> similar to sketchMorphs: Using, for instance, The Gimp program, you draw
> a bitmap graphic in a 400x800 pixels sheet, but the background is
> transparent and the drawing inside the sheet is only 48x48 pixels sized.
> When you import the png in Squeak, the sketchMorph size is only 48x48
> pixels, not 400x800. In this case, the drawing is easier to handle.

On the list. Once I get calculated bounding boxes sorted out. Picking up a
submorph might work since the style attributes are cached - can be taken
out of their context with the svg once built.

> Finally, do you have intention to implement a method or put a menu to
> adjust the antialiasing level?

I'll stick one in the SVGComponent, inherited through composition and cached
in the composedStyle for each morph.

Thanks for the feedback, Gary.