[Squeak] questions about interactive data entry

Michael Minge michael.minge at zmms.tu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 3 19:15:23 UTC 2005

Dear Squeak community!

My task is to design a simpilified animation of a mobilphone by using
Squeak. The task menu of the dummy works yet fine.
I have several special questions about interactive entry of data, which
the user should feed into my dummy (like writing a SMS or storing a
cellphone number...)

1) how can I let delete one single character (like the last accepted one)
in button animated text fields by using button scripts/animations?

2) how can I let assign several characters (like m, n, o) to one single
button?
My idea is to accept the first character of the series if the button is
clicked for the first time; if the same button is clicked once again
immediately, the cursor of the text field should go back one step, delete
the last character of the line an "overwrite" it with the second character
of the series an so on - until a time limit of no interaction is
recognised which fixes the data.
how could I design such a prodecure by using Squeak?

3) how to change the type of characters (button animated text fields), so
that new data is using this type?
My idea was to change the main type by changing the "default text fonts".
This turned out well for all inscriptions, instead of new button animated
entry of characters into the related text field, mhh.

If anyone knowed helpful devices, I would be glad about a mail! Thanks
very much!

michael